Applicants for swimming instructor positions should possess:
1. A desire to work with young people in a relaxed setting where each person’s achievement is encouraged and not dictated.
2. Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification or the equivalent issued by the YMCA.
3. The ability to teach American Red Cross swimming lessons levels 2 through 5 in a patient and interesting fashion for a total of two hours each day.
4. A thorough working knowledge of safety on and around the water as well as a watchful eye for tired or chilled campers.
5. Ideally, people applying for this position will also have lifeguarding credentials.